Neuro-Muscular Massage is a tool shed of therapeutic techniques that are used to alleviate muscle-related pain/discomfort and improve the overall function of the muscles and nervous system.
NECK/TMJ ‘HEADACHE RELIEF’ MASSAGE
Focused therapy to release the musculature in your entire neck, head, jaw, and face – including the muscles inside your mouth.
Cranio-Sacral Therapy (CST) is a deeply relaxing gentle touch therapy that has profound effects on the entire body, especially the nervous system.
We use therapeutic-grade essential oils and other natural healing creams to assist in the healing process, help cool inflammation, reduce pain, encourage deep breathing, and for emotional upliftment.
MEET THE THERAPIST
Shalene Zarate, LMT, NMT, CST
For 19 years, Shalene has been helping her clients rehabilitate injuries more efficiently, lessen pain, alleviate headaches, and melt tension. Naturally and effectively!
Though Shalene treats all muscular conditions, her unique ability is in treating conditions associated with Neck, Head, and Jaw (TMJ).
Her work is a fusion of Neuro-Muscular, Cranio-Sacral, and Aromatherapy.
Her integrative approach provides significant long-lasting results.
The amount of presence and detail in her touch undoubtedly displays her dedication to offering the highest quality bodywork experience.
You will experience a transformative therapeutic change, every single session.
That is a promise.
Our Style of Bodywork
@ Embodiwork, we take a slightly different approach to massage than many massage therapists do. We recognize that we may or may not be the right fit for you.
Embodiwork may be a good fit for you if you:
- Are looking for a non-aggressive style of bodywork. You want to experience change (results), but you don’t want to feel beat up afterward
- Prefer a less rushed pace, detail-oriented, thorough approach. That is both therapeutic and relaxing – quality over quantity.
- Experience neck pain, headaches/migraines, TMJ dysfunction
- Are rehabilitating an injury or managing pain/discomfort and require more consistent care with someone who will take the time to get to know your body
- Have a complicated case, possibly chronic. Surgeries or multiple/compounded traumas or other anomalies, and therefore require a practitioner with a higher degree of hands-on experience
- Tend to take a more holistic-integrative approach to your health. Maybe you have a small team of self-care providers that you work with and you want a somatic therapist to work in conjunction with them
Embodiwork is probably not a good match for you if:
You are looking for an intensely DEEP! and vigorous massage style. If you require that your massages be painful, then I am certainly not your gal.
I do work deep (deeper than most) and I do include deep tissue techniques as a starting point. I melt in. Sculpting through the layers gradually, in a way that doesn’t aggravate your nervous system but rather gets it to a much-needed resting state. The difference is in the detail, the patience, and the speed. I am able to weave Cranio-Sacral work in with the precision-style massage, to produce a deeply relaxing yet thoroughly therapeutic experience.
If you have questions, we offer a 30-minute free consultation (in person or by phone) to discuss your case, explain how we work, allow you to see our space, and meet Shalene.