Neuro-Muscular Massage is a tool shed of therapeutic techniques that are used to alleviate muscle related pain/discomfort and improve the overall function of the muscles and nervous system.
NECK/TMJ ‘HEADACHE RELIEF’ MASSAGE
Focused therapy to release the musculature in your entire neck, head, jaw, and face – including the muscles inside your mouth.
Cranio-Sacral Therapy (CST) is a deeply relaxing gentle touch therapy that has profound effects on the entire body, especially the nervous system.
We use therapeutic-grade essential oils and other natural healing creams to assist in the healing process, help cool inflammation, reduce pain, encourage deep breathing, and for emotional upliftment.
MEET THE THERAPIST
Shalene Zarate, LMT, NMT, CST
For 18 years, Shalene has been helping her clients rehabilitate injuries more efficiently, lessen pain, alleviate headaches, and melt tension. Naturally and effectively!
Her work is a fusion of Neuro-Muscular, Cranio-Sacral, and Aromatherapy. Though Shalene treats all muscular conditions, her unique ability is in treating conditions associated with Neck, Head and Jaw (TMJ).
Her integrative approach provides significant long lasting results. And like working out or improving diet, her works only gets better as therapies progress. The amount of presence and detail in her touch, undoubtedly displays her dedication to offering the highest quality bodywork experience.
You will experience a trans-formative therapeutic change, every single session. That’s a promise.
Our Style of Bodywork
@ Embodiwork, we take a slightly different approach to massage/bodywork than many massage therapists do. We recognize that we may or may not be the right fit for you.
Embodiwork may be a good fit for you if:
- You are looking for a non-aggressive style of bodywork. You want to experience change (results), but you don’t want to feel beat up afterwards
- You prefer a less rushed pace, detail oriented, thorough approach. That is both therapeutic and relaxing – quality over quantity.
- You experience neck pain, headaches/migraines, TMJ dysfunction
- You are rehabilitating an injury or managing pain/discomfort and require more consistent care with someone who will take the time to get to know your body
- Your case is complicated, possibly chronic. Surgeries, or multiple/compounded traumas, or other anomalies; and therefore require a practitioner with a higher degree of hands-on experience
- You tend to take a more holistic-integrative approach to your health. Maybe you have a small team of self-care providers that you work with and you want a somatic therapist to work in conjunction with them
Embodiwork is probably not a good match for you if:
- You are looking for a DEEP! and vigorous massage style. If you require that your massages be painful, then I am definitely not your gal
[Please note my work uses deep tissue techniques as the starting point. I actually work quite deep, but I work in such a way that your nervous system doesn’t resist my touch. There is a huge difference between deep tissue techniques and firm pressure fast-paced style of massage. The difference is in the speed, intention, and presence of the therapist]
- If you are looking for a general style of massage, I may also not be a good match for you. I always give extra attention to key areas, and all sessions are highly customized and therapeutic
If you have questions, we offer a 30 minute free consultation (in person or by phone) to discuss your case, explain how we work, allow you to see our space and meet Shalene. Feel free to call, email, or book online to set up your introduction session, if this sounds like something you want to explore.