Our Style of Bodywork
@ Embodiwork, we take a slightly different approach to massage than many massage therapists do. We recognize that we may or may not be the right fit for you.
Embodiwork may be a good fit for you if you:
- Are looking for a non-aggressive style of bodywork. You want to experience change (results), but you don’t want to feel beat up afterward
- Prefer a less rushed pace, detail-oriented, thorough approach. That is both therapeutic and relaxing – quality over quantity.
- Experience neck pain, headaches/migraines, TMJ dysfunction
- Are rehabilitating an injury or managing pain/discomfort and require more consistent care with someone who will take the time to get to know your body
- Have a complicated case, possibly chronic. Surgeries or multiple/compounded traumas or other anomalies, and therefore require a practitioner with a higher degree of hands-on experience
- Tend to take a more holistic-integrative approach to your health. Maybe you have a small team of self-care providers that you work with and you want a somatic therapist to work in conjunction with them
Embodiwork is probably not a good match for you if:
You are looking for an intensely DEEP! and vigorous massage style. If you require that your massages be painful, then I am certainly not your gal.
I do work deep (deeper than most) and I do include deep tissue techniques as a starting point. I melt in. Sculpting through the layers gradually, in a way that doesn’t aggravate your nervous system but rather gets it to a much-needed resting state. The difference is in the detail, the patience, and the speed. I am able to weave Cranio-Sacral work in with the precision-style massage, to produce a deeply relaxing yet thoroughly therapeutic experience.
If you have questions, we offer a 30-minute free consultation (in person or by phone) to discuss your case, explain how we work, allow you to see our space, and meet Shalene.