OUR STYLE AND APPROACH
We devise customized treatment plans that address each client’s specific therapeutic needs and preferences.
Where the pain is, isn’t always the origin of the problem. That’s why we take a holistic approach to any imbalance. We investigate, looking at the whole pattern, with the intention of finding resolve. Providing resources to help you approach your wellness holistically – we offer tools for self-care, stretches, nutritional support, and questions to ponder. We can be a catalyst for discovering the deeper meaning of what is underlying your ailment and are positive influences on your well-being.
We know that achieving the greatest results with somatic therapies (bodywork) is created by developing collaborative partnerships. Building a relationship that is safe, supportive, and allows for open communication is of great importance to us. We encourage open expression because it allows us to be able to tailor our techniques for the greatest amount of effectiveness and enjoyment.
With our trained hands and anatomical knowledge, we sculpt the soft tissues, weaving together a variety of techniques with precision, patience, breath, body mechanics, and presence. We help usher our clients towards a state of relaxation and the restoration of form and function. Learn more about our Services.
PHILOSOPHY AND FORM
We understand the effectiveness of warming up and befriending your muscles, so that they invite our touch, rather than resist it.
We have discovered that when helping muscles to release using manual therapies, it is the quality of contact that determines the results. Far more than depth alone. (Read more on that over on our Blog). The greatest results occur when contact with the muscle fibers and fascia are made with precision and gentle speed. Higher quality strokes are more effective than shredding through your tissues with dozens of vigorous strokes.
Other Things We Have Learned During Our Many Seasons Providing Bodywork…
- It takes a team. There is no one magic bullet when it comes to your health. It’s a culmination of many things consistently.
- Consistency is key. Health and healing are not a luxury, they are a lifestyle.
- Healing is a journey, that you never arrive at someday by doing that “one” thing, or by being comfortable.
- Health is a culmination of your daily practices, what you fuel your body-mind with and your beliefs-attitudes.
- We are fragile AND we are resilient.
- Our bodies are capable of amazing healing abilities, especially when given nourishment.
- The goal isn’t to fight the pain, the goal is to listen to it. It has a message.
- We are responsible for our own health.
- Our bodies are our most loyal companions. We only get one. We are their protectors and advocates.
- My health belongs to me. AND I can’t do it alone. Support is necessary.