Pain in the neck, head, or jaw can be nerve-wracking, making simple activities challenging. Activities like chewing, talking, turning your head, sleeping, concentrating, listening, being vertical without pain, or going out in daylight without sunglasses.
I’ve met so many people who have confessed to me that they aren’t fond of the idea of taking pain meds every day because of the side effects of long-term use. Not feeling certain that a night guard while sleeping is the complete answer. Injection therapy, surgery, or other more invasive procedures are a very last resort.
The “solutions” they’ve been offered may feel counter-intuitive to them because they aren’t addressing the entire scope of the problem. Feeling there is a missing piece to this one-size-fits-all approach, such as the neuro-muscular and mental-emotional aspects of the stress we hold in our neck and jaw that the conventional medical community doesn’t always address because it’s not in their scope of practice.
Wouldn’t you prefer to approach your situation more holistically?
Did you know that other less invasive, expensive, or extensive methods don’t involve taking painkillers, and in many cases can help you avoid invasive medical intervention? Methods that can diminish pain naturally. Integrated with dental care and other synergistic therapies, can speed up the process of healing conditions that are causing pain in your head, neck, and jaw.
Our treatments are Neuro-Muscular Techniques and Cranio-Sacral Therapy woven together to alleviate symptoms such as tension headaches, migraines, recurring/chronic neck and jaw pain, vertigo, and other conditions that are causing dysfunction.
This specialized treatment can help:
- Diminish the effects of whiplash, cervical fusions, and other neck injuries
- End cycles of clenching, grinding, and popping
- Increase your ability to open or close your mouth comfortably
- Alleviate symptoms of vertigo or tinnitus (depending on the origin of the condition)
- Discharge tension so that you can handle stress better and have more energy
- Facilitate healing from the impact of trauma
- Improve mental clarity, and ability to concentrate (including symptoms of ADD, ADHD, and Dyslexia)
- Enhance the quality of your life by promoting restful sleep and stimulating the production of “feel-good” neurotransmitters like serotonin and dopamine
This work is profoundly effective, but it does require some consistent effort. The issue wasn’t created in one day or with one incident. It’s likely been building for years and become compounded layers of tension.
What I do promise are RESULTS. You WILL experience beneficial therapeutic change – noticeably less tension and pressure.
This rare specialized technique is not a magic bullet fix for your neck and TMJ issues because honestly, it’s a process and sometimes it takes a team. In my case, I needed orthodontics to correct my bite, but not without bodywork too.
If this sounds like something you’d like to explore, but you still have questions or concerns, I understand, I would too. Let’s make sure that we are a good match and that you are ready to open this can of worms. That is why we offer a free 30-minute consultation.
If you are ready to get started now, book your initial treatment, then let’s get this show on the road.
What does a series entail? What happens during each session?
Session #1: During the initial session, we will go over your health history intake form, and discuss your symptoms and goals. Through palpation techniques, I will assess your current state from a muscular perspective and figure out where to begin.
The first session is my least favorite. While I do get a kick out of being witness to you actively connecting with your body; touch shines a light on things and tends to have the most side effects. Read more about why it’s my least favorite here.
Regardless, I promise you WILL get off the table feeling different.
Session #2: We will check in to see where the last treatment landed. I recommend coming in 4-7 days after your first treatment. No more than 10 days, otherwise regression may occur. But trust me; you will want to come sooner than later. During this session, we will reach deeper layers faster than the first session, and your muscles will hold the work better than before.
Sessions #3-6: This is where the work gets really good. Mind-blowingly good! It’s like working out or stretching regularly, it gets better with time, as the work gets deeper. The third session is best 7-10 days after the second. This is where we start to get significant lasting change. The nervous system has discharged a great deal of tension and habits are beginning to form.
After the third session, we will spread them out between 7-14 days until maintenance is reached.
Things you can do to help maximize your results:
- Chiropractic care
- Dental/Orthodontic Care (if needed)
- Talk it out with a psychotherapist or qualified professional
- Express yourself creatively
- Journaling and other reflective/therapeutic methods
- Daily practices like physical therapy, self-massage, stretching, and tapping (EFT)
- Oil pull, flossing, and herbal mouthwashes to encourage a healthy mouth ecology
- Fuel your body with nourishing and detoxifying foods so your body can repair
- Prayer and/or Meditation and spending time in nature
- Other stress management tools
May we all embody health and healing!
Shalene Zarate, LMT, NMT, CST
Beyond being a massage therapist, Shalene’s calling is to help deepen the relationship people have with their bodies and strengthen the lifestyles that nourish them.