Are you a therapist searching for the right place to offer your services?
Embodiwork Studio for Bodywork is seeking a therapeutic massage therapist with advanced training to join our practice. We are a boutique private practice (founded by a therapist) that offers clients expert-level massage/bodywork that is highly customized and detail-oriented.
This is an Independent Contractor position. Office Time is Available 2-6/wk.
- You manage your own schedule
- You design your own treatment plans
- $42.50 – $59.50/hr (billable hours) + 100% Gratuities + Bonuses
- Commissions on retail sales (opportunity only, no selling required)
What Your Revenue Share Covers (What We Provide):
- Rent, utilities, all service equipment, and office supplies
- Beautifully furnished large treatment room and reception office
- Credit card fees
- Water and tea station
- Custom-built website – About Page, Home Page, Service Page(s)
- Online booking system (w/ review generation)
- Professional brand and marketing materials
- Marketing support
- Administrative support (you do not have to do it alone)
- Established and ever-growing professional networks
- Laundry service (optional – fee included)
About Our Studio:
- Our studio is in a downtown professional building w/ beautiful balcony views
- Conveniently located with plenty of parking
- Our peaceful space is fully equipped, soundproof, clean, and organized
- All systems are in place, so you can focus on your clients and spend less time managing every single aspect of running your business – which means more energy for yourself, your family, and your hobbies
- No need to purchase, design, write and manage a website
- Owned and operated by a therapist with 20 years of experience. We are also supported by an accountant, web designer, graphic designer, and artists.
If this opportunity sounds like it may be just what you’re looking for, please submit a cover letter along with your resume, telling us a bit about yourself, your style of work, and why this opportunity speaks to you.
Must be CO licensed, insured, and preferably 6+ more years of experience in massage/bodywork and/or advanced training.
5 Reasons we are looking for 6+ yrs of experience:
1. The owner of this business has practiced massage for 20 years. We are looking for a therapist whose level of expertise is comparable to what we currently offer. We are seeking someone who:
- Has a high degree of hands-on experience and has worked on numerous kinds of cases
- Understands the other aspects of being a massage therapist, beyond the actual massage itself
- Is experienced in building clientele and fostering strong client-therapist relationships
- Is comfortable talking about their work with people
2. We are looking for a therapist who has chosen massage as a career path – who cares deeply about the work and the results they deliver to their clients. Chances are if a therapist has made it past a decade, they probably love what they do and have gained a bit of wisdom along the way.
3. By now a bodyworker likely has clarity about the environments they thrive in. As well as the ability to appreciate a good place to practice when they find one.
4. Our office is a small and intimate environment – which is precisely what people love about us. This makes it extremely important to us that we find a therapist who brings harmonious energy to our space.
5. Moving (or re-starting) a business is not a small decision. It’s a big undertaking that requires a great deal of time, energy, thought power, and financial investment. The owner of ESIM has been around long enough to understand the realities of building a business. Thriving in this field is not easy and we are saddened by the high turnover rates in the massage industry. Embodiwork was created by a therapist, so we understand the therapist’s perspective.
It is our intention to find a solid practitioners whose desire is to root themselves and grow their business organically-sustainably, so they can provide their extraordinary work. If you are not sure about where you want to be in 6 months or aren’t in a position to commit to a longer-term vision, then this opportunity may not be a match.
[The therapist must live in or near – Pagosa Springs, CO]