Cranio-sacral therapy (CST) is a gentle non-invasive style of bodywork that initiates the discharge of nervous tension and helps to restore vitality to areas of the body that have been blocked or hindered. Using gentle contact, deep presence, and small mechanical adjustments to the bones, and patiently releasing the connective tissues to enhance cerebral spinal fluid flow throughout the central nervous system. Re-establishing balance and function, and creating more freedom of movement..
The craniosacral system extends beyond the head, spine, and sacrum and affects every single system (circulatory, lymphatic, endocrine, organs, myofascial, and more).
CST can help to:
- Decrease the frequency and intensity of persistent pains (especially headaches)
- Release habitual/postural tightness in the muscles and joints
- Facilitate healing from the impact of physical and emotional trauma
- Alleviate symptoms of TMJ Dysfunction (pain or discomfort, clenching, grinding, inability to open/close jaw, misalignment, and popping)
- Lower levels of vertigo or tinnitus (depending on its origin)
- Improve one’s ability to handle stress and alleviate symptoms associated with it (insomnia, body aches, irritability, immune function decline, etc.)
- Enhance mental clarity, and the ability to concentrate and focus attention (including symptoms of ADD, ADHD, dyslexia, confusion, mental fog, etc.)
- Re-synchronize natural bodily rhythms, leading to feelings of peace and harmony
CST is DEEPLY relaxing. Though the changes it brings about are subtle and gradual, its profound effects are limitless in its ability to help us lead more peaceful and healthful lives. A phenomenal modality to add to any self-care regimen. CST can also be integrated into any Massage Treatment.