Cranio-Sacral Therapy (CST) is a gentle touch therapy that has profound effects on the entire body. CST techniques are used to both detect the tension patterns that may be causing pain and/or dysfunction, and to then to help re-establish balance within the cranio-sacral system. Though the primary focus is on the head and sacrum, this therapy affects every single system, especially the nervous system. Gentle mechanical adjustments to the bones and soft releasing of the connective tissues improve circulation of the cerebral spinal fluid, blood, and lymph — restoring balance and freedom of movement.
CST can help to:
- Decrease the frequency and intensity of headaches and other persistent pains
- Alleviate discomfort caused by TMJ Dysfunction, and eliminate the habit of clenching, grinding, and or deviations in the jaw that are causing popping noises, or are making it hard to open or close your mouth
- Alleviate vertigo or tinnitus
- Improve one’s ability to handle stress and stress-related symptoms (insomnia, exhaustion, irritability, confusion or mental fog, body-aches, high blood pressure, immune function decline)
- Discharge nervous tension that is robbing and exhausting your mind and body
- Unwind habitual tightness in the muscles and joints
- Facilitate healing from the impact of physical and emotional trauma
- Improve mental clarity, and the ability to concentrate and focus attention (including symptoms of ADD, ADHD, dyslexia)
- Re-synchronize natural bodily rhythms, leading to feelings of peace and harmony
- Enhance the quality of your life
CST is non-invasive and is DEEPLY relaxing. Though the changes CST brings about are gradual, it’s effects tend to be long-term because of the re-patterning that occurs in the nervous system. With the demands of living in a fast-paced culture today, our bodies absorb more shocks and accumulate more stress than we can possibly process in one night’s rest; leaving us feeling increasingly depleted, overwhelmed, exhausted, and in poor overall shape. Cranio-Sacral Therapy has profound effects and is limitless in its ability to help us lead more peaceful and healthful lives. It is a phenomenal modality to add to any self-care regimen.
*CST can also be integrated into any Massage Treatment