Cranio-Sacral Therapy (CST) is a gentle touch therapy that has profound effects on the entire body. CST techniques are used to both detect the tension patterns that may be causing pain and/or dysfunction, and to then to help re-establish balance within the cranio-sacral system. Though the primary focus is on the head and sacrum, this therapy affects every single system, especially the nervous system. Gentle mechanical adjustments to the bones and soft releasing of the connective tissues improve circulation of the cerebral spinal fluid, blood, and lymph — restoring balance and freedom of movement.
CST can help to:
- Decrease the frequency and intensity of headaches and other persistent pains
- Alleviate discomfort caused by TMJ Dysfunction, and eliminate the habit of clenching, grinding, and or deviations in the jaw that are causing popping noises, or are making it hard to open or close your mouth
- Alleviate vertigo or tinnitus
- Improve one’s ability to handle stress and stress-related symptoms (insomnia, exhaustion, irritability, confusion or mental fog, body-aches, high blood pressure, immune function decline)
- Discharge nervous tension that is robbing and exhausting your mind and body
- Unwind habitual tightness in the muscles and joints
- Facilitate healing from the impact of physical and emotional trauma
- Improve mental clarity, and the ability to concentrate and focus attention (including symptoms of ADD, ADHD, dyslexia)
- Re-synchronize natural bodily rhythms, leading to feelings of peace and harmony
- Enhance the quality of your life
CST is non-invasive and is DEEPLY relaxing. Though the changes CST brings about are gradual, it’s effects tend to be long-term because of the re-patterning that occurs in the nervous system. With the demands of living in a fast-paced culture today, our bodies absorb more shocks and accumulate more stress than we can possibly process in one night’s rest; leaving us feeling increasingly depleted, overwhelmed, exhausted, and in poor overall shape. Cranio-Sacral Therapy has profound effects and is limitless in its ability to help us lead more peaceful and healthful lives. It is a phenomenal modality to add to any self-care regimen.
*CST can also be integrated into any Massage Treatment
Visceral manipulation is the manual treatment of tensions that may be held in the organs themselves or in the connective tissue layers that surround the organs and interface with them. Deep anatomical knowledge, combined with refined manual assessment and interactive skills are key elements of VM. VM is very effective for the treatment of trauma, such as motor vehicle accidents, falls and sports injuries. Scar tissue related to surgery often continues to stress the body until it is appropriately addressed. VM excels at this.
Chest or Abdominal Sports Injuries
Traumatic Brain Injuries
Bloating and Constipation
Nausea and Acid Reflux
Women’s and Men’s Health Issues
Chronic Pelvic Pain
Fibroids and Cysts
Referred Testicular Pain
Effects of Menopause
Chronic Spinal Dysfunction
Headaches and Migraines
Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
Peripheral Joint Pain
Pain Related to
Post-operative Scar Tissue
Post-infection Scar Tissue
Constipation and Gastritis
Anxiety and Depression
Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder
This work has profound effects yet it is surprisingly gentle. An important part of the treatment philosophy is that we are working with the person rather than doing something to them. This changes the interaction considerably.
Visceral Manipulation is performed by Joseph Shindoll. The treatments are typically performed with the client clothed in comfortable attire. Depending on what’s being treated, the client may need to move or be moved around, so the clothes should not inhibit free movement.
If you have questions regarding VM or other aspects of treatment, please inquire.