With the demands of living in the fast-paced culture where we work and play hard, our bodies absorb more shocks and accumulate more tension-stress than we can possibly process in one night’s rest. Leaving us feeling increasingly out of sorts, depleted, overwhelmed, exhausted, and not in great shape.
Cranio-Sacral Therapy (CST) is a gentle non-invasive style of bodywork that initiates the discharge of nervous tension that is robbing your mind and body. The craniosacral system extends beyond the head, spine, and sacrum and affects every single system (circulatory, lymphatic, endocrine, organs, and especially the nervous system).
CST can help to:
- Decrease the frequency and intensity of persistent pains (especially headaches)
- Release habitual/postural tightness in the muscles and joints
- Facilitate healing from the impact of physical and emotional trauma
- Alleviate symptoms of TMJ Dysfunction (pain or discomfort, clenching, grinding, inability to open/close jaw, misalignment and popping)
- Lower levels of vertigo or tinnitus (depending on its origin)
- Improve ability to handle stress and alleviate symptoms associated with it (insomnia, body aches, irritability, immune function decline, etc.)
- Enhance mental clarity, and the ability to concentrate and focus attention (including symptoms of ADD, ADHD, dyslexia, confusion, mental fog, etc.)
- Re-synchronize natural bodily rhythms, leading to feelings of peace and harmony
Using gentle contact and deep presence, small mechanical adjustments are made to the bones meanwhile patiently releasing the connective tissues all throughout the body. Helping to restore vitality to areas that have been blocked or hindered, re-establishing balance and function, and creating more freedom of movement.
CST is DEEPLY relaxing. Though the changes it brings about are subtle and gradual, its effects tend to be long-term because of the re-patterning that occurs in the nervous system. Its profound effects are limitless in its ability to help us lead more peaceful and healthful lives. A phenomenal modality to add to any self-care regiment. CST can also be integrated into any Massage Treatment.