Integrative Therapeutic Massage
Our therapies are very effective at turning down pain a few notches, speeding up the recovery of all types of injuries, restoring function, and for maximizing peak athletic performance. Using a tool shed of therapeutic massage techniques, our therapies are preventative self-care at it’s finest. Besides helping people reverse wear and tear in our body, bodywork helps enhance your quality of life. Leading you towards more graceful aging and a greater sense of well-being.
Our customized session starts with assessing our client’s current state and then determining a treatment plan for that day’s session. We always warm the tissues we are preparing to massage, sometimes with the help of warm towels or essential oils.
Benefits of Therapeutic Massage Include:
• The release of tension and alleviation of discomfort in muscles and joints
• Stress reduction by increased parasympathetic nervous system activity (counter-balancing the bodies flight-or-fight response caused by stressful stimuli)
• Increases circulation, helping flush out metabolic waste meanwhile helping deliver nutrients & oxygen back into overtaxed muscles
• Reduction in spasms, cramps, stiffness, swelling, inflammation, & soreness
• Faster, more efficient recovery from all types of injuries (including surgery)
• Reduces restrictions imposed by scar tissue
• Increases range of motion, flexibility & help improves posture
• Elevates mood (natural “feel-good” neurotransmitters & hormones, such as serotonin & dopamine are produced and released)
• Induces sound restorative sleep so the body can better repair
• Promotes peak athletic performance, improving strength, stamina, & endurance
• Supports immune function
• Stimulates digestion, encourages detoxification, & allows for deeper breathing
• Facilitates body awareness & re-establishes a mind-body connection
• Enhances mental clarity, alertness & productivity
Some of the symptoms that can benefit greatly from therapeutic bodywork are: whiplash, headaches, migraines, low back pain, hip pain, muscle spasms and numbness, sciatic disorder, the after-effects of extensive dental work, problems associated with TMJ dysfunction (clenching, grinding, lockjaw, etc), repetitive motion injuries (frozen shoulder, tennis elbow, golfer’s elbow, carpal tunnel, thoracic outlet syndrome) scoliosis, plantar fasciitis, restless leg syndrome, managing symptoms of neurological dysfunction, fibromyalgia, Parkinson’s — and any other ailment that involves muscles, fascia, tendons, ligaments, and joints.
How we work: As muscles begin to unload tension and dis-armor, we follow the tissues inward, until we sense a barrier. We allow for the tension to soften, unwind, and become more supple. We find that the most effective lasting results occur when the techniques are performed with patience, precision, and presence. The therapeutic process begins and re-organization and transformation happen – layer by layer, pattern by pattern.