Integrative Therapeutic Massage
Our customized session starts with assessing your current state of your body and by deciding where to focus. We always warm the tissues we are preparing to massage, sometimes with the help of warm towels or essential oils. As muscles begin to dis-armor themselves, we follow them inward, until we sense a barrier. We patiently allow for the tension to soften, unwind, and become more supple. This is where the therapeutic process begins and re-organization and transformation happen – layer by layer, pattern by pattern. Best results occur with a series of consecutive sessions
Neuro-Muscular Therapy (NMT) is a tool shed of therapeutic massage techniques that are used to alleviate muscle related pain/discomfort and improve the overall function of the muscles and nervous system.
With similar results to Neuro-Muscular Therapy and similar to Rolfing, the Structural Integration approach is also useful in helping manage chronic pain or and alleviate muscle tensions using a variety of methods to help the body to balance and more easeful movement and designed to last.
Hot Stone Massage (Coming This Fall!)
This heavenly technique incorporates hot basalt stones into a therapeutic session to aid in making your muscles melt a little more while still catering to your massage needs.
The Integrative Bodywork we provide is very effective for speeding up the recovery of all types of injuries, alleviating pain, and dysfunction, and for maximizing peak athletic performance. However, it can also be performed as preventative self-care for a healthy lifestyle, graceful aging, and general well-being.
Benefits of Therapeutic Massage Include:
• The release of tension and alleviation of discomfort in muscles and joints
• Stress reduction by increased parasympathetic nervous system activity (counter-balancing the bodies flight-or-fight response caused by stressful stimuli)
• Increases circulation, helping flush out metabolic waste meanwhile helping deliver nutrients & oxygen back into overtaxed muscles
• Reduction in spasms, cramps, stiffness, swelling, inflammation, & soreness
• Faster, more efficient recovery from all types of injuries (including surgery)
• Reduces restrictions imposed by scar tissue
• Increases range of motion, flexibility & help improves posture
• Elevates mood (natural “feel-good” neurotransmitters & hormones, such as serotonin & dopamine are produced and released)
• Induces sound restorative sleep so the body can better repair
• Promotes peak athletic performance, improving strength, stamina, & endurance
• Supports immune function
• Stimulates digestion, encourages detoxification, & allows for deeper breathing
• Facilitates body awareness & re-establishes a mind-body connection
• Enhances mental clarity, alertness & productivity
Some of the symptoms that can benefit greatly from therapeutic bodywork are: whiplash, headaches, migraines, low back pain, hip pain, muscle spasms and numbness, sciatic disorder, the after-effects of extensive dental work, problems associated with TMJ dysfunction (clenching, grinding, lockjaw, etc), repetitive motion injuries (frozen shoulder, tennis elbow, golfer’s elbow, carpal tunnel, thoracic outlet syndrome) scoliosis, plantar fasciitis, restless leg syndrome, managing symptoms of neurological dysfunction, fibromyalgia, Parkinson’s — and any other ailment that involves muscles, fascia, tendons, ligaments, and joints.