Integrative Therapeutic Massage
Our customized session starts with assessing the current state of your body and deciding where to focus. We always warm the tissues we are preparing to massage, sometimes with the help of warm towels or essential oils. As muscles begin to dis-armor themselves, we follow them inward, until we sense a barrier.
We patiently allow for the tension to soften, unwind, and become more supple. The therapeutic process begins and re-organization and transformation happen – layer by layer, pattern by pattern. We find that the most effective lasting results occur when the techniques are performed with patience, precision, and presence.
Therapeutic work can help issues like:
- Chronic low back pain
- Pelvis and SI Joint issues
- Shoulder and neck tension
- ROM issues
- Knee, hip, shoulders, elbow, wrist, and ankle troubles
- Headaches and TMJ/Jaw issues
Neuro-Muscular Therapy (NMT) is a tool shed of therapeutic massage techniques that are used to alleviate muscle related tension, discomfort or pain and to improve the overall function of the muscles and nervous system. With all of us having advanced training in NMT and Cranio-Sacral Therapy our dual training led to a more refined, precise, and present touch and approach.
If you’ve ever experienced a chronic issue that seems to keep coming back, such as a kink in your neck that likes to stick around, chronic low back pain or your feet ache. Adding Structural Integration into your next massage session could be useful. Using Structural Integration principles to assess your current structural state and then address the key areas that are contributing to the overall condition.
It Looks How: your joints are stacking, each piece is relating to each other, gravity is affecting your body in order to design a treatment to target and help to correct current issues. Your therapist will take a look at your standing posture, and how everything moves when you walk to decipher what is most needed to be addressed.
If you’re looking forward to some relief, a Structural Integrated Massage may be your next step forward!
Hot Stone Massage
This heavenly technique incorporates hot basalt stones into a therapeutic session to aid in making your muscles melt a little more while still catering to your massage needs.
The Integrative Bodywork we provide is very effective for speeding up the recovery of all types of injuries, alleviating pain, restoring function and for maximizing peak athletic performance. It can also be performed as preventative self-care for a healthy lifestyle, graceful aging, and general well-being.
Benefits of Therapeutic Massage Include:
• The release of tension and alleviation of discomfort in muscles and joints
• Stress reduction by increased parasympathetic nervous system activity (counter-balancing the bodies flight-or-fight response caused by stressful stimuli)
• Increases circulation, helping flush out metabolic waste meanwhile helping deliver nutrients & oxygen back into overtaxed muscles
• Reduction in spasms, cramps, stiffness, swelling, inflammation, & soreness
• Faster, more efficient recovery from all types of injuries (including surgery)
• Reduces restrictions imposed by scar tissue
• Increases range of motion, flexibility & help improves posture
• Elevates mood (natural “feel-good” neurotransmitters & hormones, such as serotonin & dopamine are produced and released)
• Induces sound restorative sleep so the body can better repair
• Promotes peak athletic performance, improving strength, stamina, & endurance
• Supports immune function
• Stimulates digestion, encourages detoxification, & allows for deeper breathing
• Facilitates body awareness & re-establishes a mind-body connection
• Enhances mental clarity, alertness & productivity
Some of the symptoms that can benefit greatly from therapeutic bodywork are: whiplash, headaches, migraines, low back pain, hip pain, muscle spasms and numbness, sciatic disorder, the after-effects of extensive dental work, problems associated with TMJ dysfunction (clenching, grinding, lockjaw, etc), repetitive motion injuries (frozen shoulder, tennis elbow, golfer’s elbow, carpal tunnel, thoracic outlet syndrome) scoliosis, plantar fasciitis, restless leg syndrome, managing symptoms of neurological dysfunction, fibromyalgia, Parkinson’s — and any other ailment that involves muscles, fascia, tendons, ligaments, and joints.