Our Style of Bodywork
@ Embodiwork, we take a slightly different approach to massage than many massage therapists do. We recognize that we may or may not be the right fit for you.
Embodiwork may be a good fit for you if you:
- Are looking for a non-aggressive style of bodywork. You want to experience change (results), but you don’t want to feel beat up afterward
- Prefer a less rushed pace, detail-oriented, thorough approach. That is both therapeutic and relaxing – quality over quantity.
- Experience neck pain, headaches/migraines, TMJ dysfunction
- Are rehabilitating an injury or managing pain/discomfort and require more consistent care with someone who will take the time to get to know your body
- Have a complicated case, possibly chronic. Surgeries or multiple/compounded traumas or other anomalies, and therefore require a practitioner with a higher degree of hands-on experience
- Tend to take a more holistic-integrative approach to your health. Maybe you have a small team of self-care providers that you work with and you want a somatic therapist to work in conjunction with them
Embodiwork is probably not a good match for you if:
You are looking for an intensely DEEP! and vigorous massage style. If you require that your massages be aggressive, then we may not be for you.
We work deep (deeper than most). Deep tissue techniques are our starting point. We melt in the soft tissues, sculpting through the layers gradually, in a way that doesn’t aggravate your nervous system but rather gets it to a much-needed resting state. The difference is in the precision, the patience, and the speed. We are able to weave a number of techniques, including Cranio-Sacral Therapy, to produce a deeply relaxing yet thoroughly therapeutic experience.
If you have questions, we offer a 30-minute free consultation (in person or by phone) to discuss your case, explain how we work, allow you to see our space, and meet our therapists.